Sydney Showground Stadium - 11th Jan 2016
- In their penultimate group game, two sides looking to regain some form face each other in a bid to make the play-offs. The Thunder have lost three game in a row after winning their first three, and face a Renegades side suffering from losing their captain and wicket keeper to international duty.
- The Showground Stadium has had it's wickets relaid after last year, and has been a higher-scoring venue with the new surfaces. With only four games having been played here, we can't really draw any meaningful conclusions from trends in these games.
- Looking at the BBL05 team stats page, the Renegades have not won any of the four games they have batted first, winning the two in which they were chasing. The gulf in quality between their batting and bowling is a big contributor to this.
- Given the lack of quality in the Renegades bowling, I'd like to oppose them here, but there's not a lot of value in the pre-match run lines for individual batsmen. Backing overs for the Thunder total should they bat first seems the best way to do this, or backing them to chase should they be batting second.
- Thunder captain Mike Hussey should be back from a hamstring injury, and has scored 223 runs in his five games at an average of 74 so far in BBL05. Backing him for top Thunder batsman at 5s is massive value.
- In the six Thunder matches so far, Andre Russell has taken the most wickets on three occasions, and been tied for most wickets twice. Backing him for this again looks to me to be a good bet.
Back Mike Hussey for Thunder top Run Scorer at 5.00 with Ladbrokes
Back Andre Russell for Thunder top Wicket Taker at 4.00 with Ladbrokes